Athletics: 16 Blue Jays: 0
It was all A’s tonight in Toronto. The A’s scored a season high 16 runs and have extended their winning streak to 7 games, which is also a season high for them.
The A’s scored their first run in the first inning when Yoenis Cespedes doubled in Jonny Gomes. They then went on to score 8 more runs in the following inning, knocking Ricky Romero out of the game after only 1.1 innings. They would score 8 runs total off of the left-hander, who also allowed 4 hits and 6 walks.
Lines of the Day:
- A.J. Griffin: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 9 SO. Behind the offensive explosion tonight was Griffin’s gem. He struck out a career high of 9 and threw 104 pitches, 67 for strikes.
- Coco Crisp: 6 AB, 3 H, 2 HR, 3 R, 2 RBI. It was a good day for Crisp at the plate, who hit his 4th and 5th home runs tonight.
- Yoenis Cespedes: 4 AB, 2 H, 2 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI. Cespedes now has a .302/.361/.533 slash line with an .894 OPS on the season with 15 2B.
Ugly Lines of the Day:
- Jemile Weeks: 4 AB, 0 H, 1 BB, 1 R. It’s hard to pick an “ugly” line of the day since everyone contributed, but Weeks was the only player in the starting line up tonight to not collect a hit. He did however, take a walk after seeing an 11 pitch at bat and eventually scored on a Gomes single.
- Derek Norris started tonight for the second day in a row, he went 2-4 with a double, 2 runs, 1 RBI and 1 walk.
- Jonny Gomes started in left field tonight, he went 2-3 with with 2 walks, 2 runs and 1 RBI.
- Chris Carter hit his 6th home run of the season tonight, he was 1-3 with 2 walks (including a bases loaded RBI), 2 runs and 3 RBI.
- Brandon McCarthy threw a 42-pitch simulated game today and according to Bob Melvin, everything went fine. There is still no time table for her return.