For the eighth-straight fall semester, South Carolina leads the SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll, and this year, 66 Gamecocks made the list, while Kentucky came in second with 59 and Georgia was third with 58.
The football team has 25 representatives on the list, men’s and women’s soccer each have 17 players, and women’s volleyball has seven names on the honor roll. The entire list of names can be found here.
To make the cut, the following criteria must be met:
- GPA of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
- If a student-athlete attends summer school, their GPA during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility.
- Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award, and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
- Successful completion of 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution before a student-athlete can be nominated.
- The student-athlete must have been on the varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
Congratulations to all 66 Gamecocks who received this honor!