Any experienced Fantasy Football team manager understands that your players’ value can fluctuate from week to week. Which players’ values are going up in Week 4 & whose are going down?
Players whose value is on the rise…
- Nate Washington (TEN) – WR: Chances are you didn’t draft him originally, but after Kenny Britt left Sunday’s game with a torn ACL Washington became Matt Hasselbeck’s top target. If he is still available in your league, pick him up ASAP.
- Curtis Painter (IND) – QB: By no means would I suggest you start him this weekend. However, with Kerry Collins & Peyton Manning out in Week 4, Painter will take over as the Colts QB. FF owners will get a better picture of his fantasy potential after this weekend’s game.
- Bernard Scott (CIN) – RB: If Cedric Benson’s 3 week suspension is not overturned; Scott will be the main running back in Cincinnati. Benson is appealing & still expected to play in Week 4. Chances are high it won’t be overturned; if it is chances are still high Benson won’t stay out of trouble for the entire season. This could be a good pick up if you have the room on your bench to do so.
- Dez Bryant (DAL) – WR: He missed Week 3 but will be back in the action on Sunday. His value remains high since teammates Miles Austin is still out.
- Darren McFadden (OAK) – RB: McFadden injured his groin during Sunday’s meeting with the Jets. He will return in Week 4 versus the Patriots. Keep this in mind if you own Michael Bush, as McFadden will continue to dominate the Raiders rushing offense.
- Peyton Hillis (CLE) – RB: Hillis shocked most owners on Sunday when he sat out due to strep throat. Don’t worry he’ll be back this week & is guaranteed to put more points up than last week.
Players whose value is sinking quickly…
Antonio Gates (SD) – TE: Gates is battling with a foot injury & did not play last week. He is still questionable for Sunday. Make sure to monitor this situation if you own him.
- Ryan Grant (GB) – RB: The Packers running back was having a great day before sustaining a bruised kidney. His status is unknown for Week 4. Keep your eye on him before starting him on Sunday.
- Ben Tate (TEX) – RB: Ben Tate is the Texans main running back, only when Arian Foster is out. Foster has been battling a hamstring injury so far this season, but is expected to return for Week 4. Don’t drop Tate, as Foster could continue to have issues, but starting him this week would be risky.
- Alfonso Smith (ARI) – RB: After Beanie Wells missed Sunday’s game due to a hamstring injury sustained during last Thursday’s practice. Smith received a majority of the carries on Sunday instead of Chester Taylor. Wells is expected to return in Week 4 so his future value unclear.
- Cadillac Williams (STL) – RB: Steven Jackson will return in Week 4. If you own Cadillac Williams make sure you take this into consideration, as Jackson will receive most of the carries.
- Anthony Armstrong (WAS) – WR: Armstrong left the MNF matchup versus the Cowboys. He injured his hamstring but there has been no information of how severe the injury is. Keep your eye on this for Week 4.
Corinna is the senior reporter for the Jacksonville Jaguars & a contributor for Aerys Offsides. Make sure to check out Offsides every Friday for your Fantasy Football Fix. Follow me on Twitter @RoarBlackNTeal or on Facebook.