In time for Saturday’s workouts, both Alcides Escobar and Miguel Tejada arrived to KC Royals camp in Surprise, Arizona.
- Tejada said he feels like he is a kid again, wants to help the Royals any way he can, and reports on his play during winter ball were good.
- Infielder Christian Colon has opened eyes with his play in winter ball, despite the freak injuries during the 2012 season. Will he win the second base job out of spring training?
- Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star once again posted a Q & A, this time regarding who he thinks will win the utility role, if the Royals will pinch-hit more, and if the Royals should have given Tony Abreu a shot.
- Joel Wagler of KC Kingdom believes Eric Hosmer needs to see time in right field this spring.
- Check out pictures from Star photographer John Sleezer from Saturday’s workout (with a good amount of both Escobar and Tejada).
Intrasquad games begin on Tuesday, with Bruce Chen and Luis Mendoza starting the first game. They will be followed by Guillermo Moscoso, Kelvin Herrera, Tim Collins, Francisley Bueno, Nate Adcock, Donnie Joseph, Blaine Boyer, Michael Mariot, Sugar Ray Marimon, Chris Dwyer, and Noel Arguelles (my mom’s favorite).
Luke Hochevar and John Lamb will start Wednesday’s game. They will be followed by Greg Holland, Aaron Crow, Louis Coleman, Juan Gutierrez, Ryan Verdugo, Brian Sanchez (a friend of mine from his Wilmington Blue Rocks days), Dan Wheeler (who I am a big fan of), and Atahualpa Severino.