Although a possible CBA-induced delay is looming, the NHL has released the schedule for the 2012-13 season. Here’s the new Devils season schedule.
Some quick notes:
– Opening night is away at Washington on Friday, October 12th. It’s a back-to-back, with the next game at home against the Bruins (October 13).
– Third game (October 17) is a home game against the Rangers. The NHL is not joking with this schedule.
– Kings and Devils meet for the first (and only) time following the Stanley Cup Final on Saturday, February 9th.
– Devils-Rangers meetings are front-loaded towards the beginning of the season.
– December 17 to 26 is an Atlantic Division throwdown. Away at Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, home for Philadelphia, away at Rangers, Islanders.
– Twelve out of 15 games from January 22 to February 24 are at home. Away at Rangers (January 29), Pittsburgh (February 5), and Carolina (February 16). Hope you like the red jerseys — as you should.
– The Devils will wrap up the regular season away at Islanders on Saturday, April 13th.
Travel is more necessary in the second half of the season, but nothing too heavy. There’s a lot of action scheduled for the first week; don’t miss it. The banner raising ceremony (Eastern Conference Champs 2012!) will be conducted at the first home game on October 13th.