In today’s let’s-get-ahead-of-ourselves segment…
According to the Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, the Denver Broncos are now 5-to-1 favorites to win Super Bowl XLVII – which just happens to be played this year in Peyton Manning’s hometown of New Orleans.
Denver’s odds are second highest among all NFL teams, tied with the Houston Texans, who hold the AFC’s best record of 10-1. As for the favorites, it’s a tie between the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers at 7-2.
Now if the Broncos want to make the Super Bowl, Denver must curtail the turnovers. As the Denver Post’s Jeff Legwold points out:
Save for an injury to Peyton Manning, there is no other factor that would derail the Broncos’ season more than turnovers.
They still are one of 16 teams that are minus in turnover margin. Only four of those teams have winning records — Denver, Minnesota, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.
Of those four, only Denver and the Colts are trending up, with the Broncos having won six straight and the Colts having won five of their past six.
Fix the turnovers, Denver. How about starting Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- CBS Sports: Video interview of linebacker Wesley Woodyard
- CBS Denver: What are the odds defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio sticks around in 2013?
- Denver Broncos: After completing a nine-week Rookie Success Program, the Broncos’ 13 rookies are more prepared for life in the NFL.
- Denver Broncos: Q&A with tight end Joel Dreessen.
- Rant Sports: Team chemistry is driving the team’s success.