MY OFFSEASON ‘TO-DO’ LIST
By Tim Tebow
- Be focus of 60-minute ESPN â€œYear of the Quarterbackâ€ special: âˆš
- Establish charity golf tournament: âˆš
- Show off modeling/acting skills for Jockey: âˆš
- Voted cover of Madden 12: Eh, maybe next year.
- Release autobiography by age 24: âˆš
- Have statue dedicated at alma mater: As of Saturday, âˆš
As if Tim Tebow needed another boost to the never-ending publicity machine.
The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner will have his life-sized likeness unveiled outside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium during halftime of the Gatorsâ€™ spring game tomorrow.Â Fellow Florida Heisman Trophy winners Steve Spurrier (1966) and Danny Wuerffel (1996) will also be honored with statues.
GatorSports.com reports the statues were funded through private donations and Tebow, Spurrier, and Wuerffel are scheduled to participate in tomorrowâ€™s ceremony.
Take that, Kyle Orton!
Tim Tebow has a statue.Â A LIFE-SIZED statue at his alma mater.
I havenâ€™t visited West Lafayette, Indiana in several years (and I’m not complaining), but I donâ€™t recall ever seeing any Kyle Orton shrine outside Purdueâ€™s Ross-Ade Stadium, nor have I heard any rumblings of any such plans in the works.
Not to be outdone, Purdue does have a “big unveiling” of its own at tomorrow’s Black and Gold spring game…
A new Purdue Pete mascot – sans hammer as that was deemed too violent.
Alma mater honors aside, there is still one other item on Tebowâ€™s offseason checklist:
- Become Broncos starting quarterback: ?
Maybe Orton will have the last laugh there.