The Denver Broncos are now in Charlotte for Sunday’s game against their coach’s former team.
But there’s another headline: 1 vs. 2. Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, the 2011 NFL Draft top overall pick, faces off against Broncos linebacker Von Miller, taken by Denver at No. 2. Just don’t expect Miller to make a big fuss about the Sunday showdown, telling the Denver Post:
“Of course I wanted to be No. 1, but Cam Newton, he’s Superman Cam. He fit their need way more than I fit their need. I don’t have any animosity towards the Carolina Panthers. He was No. 1 and I was No. 2, but I want to go out there and win just like they want to go out there and win.”
Newton’s numbers thus far in 2012 haven’t been as impressive as his rookie campaign, but he’s nonetheless dangerous. In fact, the Panthers’ record is a bit deceptive, but I’ll on that later in DHF’s upcoming game preview.
- Bloomberg: Peyton Manning is the front-runner for league MVP.
- Denver Broncos: In his latest blog, wide receiver Eric Decker weighs in the team’s next game.
- ESPNW: Broncos safety Mike Adams has a giving spirit.
- Examiner: The Broncos have won three straight games, but will they lose again this regular season?
- KJCT: Former Broncos player Vance Johnson abruptly closed his Grand Junction restaurant.