Assuming we live on another day – and I fully suspect we will – here’s to what I normally do this time each day: Delve into Denver Broncos headlines.
Quick aside: I spent about 45 minutes last night on Wikipedia reading List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events, and guess what? Not a single prediction has actually come to fruition. Moving on…
In an unsurprising development, the Broncos’ continued success has shined the spotlight on offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio as possible head coaching candidates in 2013. McCoy interviewed with the Miami Dolphins last offseason, and was also rumored as a candidate for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders. As for Jacksonville, Del Rio was head coach there for nine seasons before joining the Broncos.
So it seems the Broncos’ revolving door at DC could extend another year, because, let’s face it, there will be some job openings here in a few weeks time. And McCoy, who was credited last season for overhauling a playbook midseason to accommodate Tim Tebow, did another drastic makeover in 2012 for Peyton Manning. There aren’t two more different quarterbacks. Seriously.
- Associated Press: Health, depth both key to Denver Bronco’s success
- Bleacher Report: Denver Broncos’ Backfield Trio Will Key Postseason Success
- CBS Denver: Bad Cleveland Browns Bring Remarkable Rookies To Face Denver Broncos
- Denver Broncos: Strength Versus Strength
- Denver Broncos: Broncos Bracing For Weeden
- Denver Post: Robert Ayers’ progress with Broncos skewed by draft slot, new coaches
- Denver Post: Peyton Manning knows what this year’s rookie QB class is going through