You might not have realized it, but Denver Horse Force recently celebrated a milestone.
Two years in existence.
Aerys Sports’ official launch was Feb. 1, 2011, though a few of the original sites, such as Denver Horse Force, launched a few days before. In my case, DHF’s first post was written Jan. 27, 2011.
But today is the recognized anniversary.
The Denver Horse Force network-a network I maintain in my spare time–has grown significantly in the past year, particularly via social media:
- Denver Horse Force on Twitter has more than doubled in followers.
- Denver Horse Force’s Facebook page has nearly doubled in “Likes.”
- Weekly website visits from Feb. 1, 2012 to Jan. 31, 2013 generally outperformed their inaugural year counterpart. There are some notable exceptions from Year 1 – and those exceptions all deal with something Tim Tebow-related. Tebowing, anyone?
- Peyton Manning’s March 19 decision to sign with the Denver Broncos kicked off the third-most visited week ever on DenverHorseForce.com. (See below)
- March 19-March 25, 2012 was the second-most visited week…until two weeks ago. The days of disappointment following the Broncos’ Jan. 12 divisional-round loss to the Baltimore Ravens resulted in the second-most visited week in Denver Horse Force history.
For those curious, the most visited week didn’t happen within the past year. That honor goes to the week following the Broncos’ 2011 playoff loss to the New England Patriots. (And who could forget the Broncos Starting Quarterback Speculation Waiver?)
So there you have it. Now that we’re in offseason mode, there’s still plenty to discuss, though admittedly, I haven’t had the heart to dive right in just yet. All in due time.
Thank you to everyone who’s visited this site, retweeted a tweet, or commented on DHF’s Facebook page.