There’s little to nothing going on in the Cubsophere (that’s a new thing I just invented) these days, so here’s a quick run down of some things to read/comment on while we wait for something to actually happen:
- In today’s Red Eye, I complain about the 15 people who didn’t vote for Greg Maddux. Jerks.
- Terrifyingly, Steve Rosenbloom agrees with me.
- Sammy Sosa is just baaaarely on the ballot. That yellow sweater didn’t do him any favors.
- Over at SB Nation, John Sickels has published his list of the top 20 Cubs prospects. Brett Jackson has fallen off the list. (sob!
- Masahiro Tanaka is in the US to meet with teams, but Chiberia totally screwed us. Let’s all hope he doesn’t watch the news.
- Jeff Samardzija doesn’t see himself signing a long-term deal with a team if traded, which pretty much screws the Cubs’ chances of moving him for a decent return.
Finally, check out this great photo of the Wrigley Field rooftops back before the corporations took over. I actually (barely) remember being up there during these days: