After all the fun yesterday with the rooftop contract, there is little to no news about the Cubs today. Again. Some minor rumblings about Toronto still being interested in Jeff Samardzija (yawn) and the Cubs trolling the waiver wire for another starting pitcher (yaaaaawn). Oh, and Jim Callis said last night that Jorge Soler was the most likely of the Cubs’ prospects to be traded. If they were to make a trade. That’s about it.
So let’s do some crowdsourcing today, eh? You guys listen to me blather on about my opinions all the time. Today, I want to know what you think about these five topics. It’s our own version of the McLaughlin group. And seriously, jump in, lurkers! We want to meet you!
1. Samardzija: Resigned or traded? Before the season or before the trade deadline?
2. The Cubs vs. the Rooftops: There can only be one. Who wins the battle of the jumbotron?
3. Edwin Jackson: Does he earn our love? Or does he stink again this season?
4. Baez: If he rakes in Spring Training, does he break camp with the team?
5. Theo’s revamped farm system: When does it start paying off?
Bonus question: Clark the Cub: How long until he gets attacked by a drunken fan?
You’re up. Go.