Davish tied a career MLB high with 11 strikeouts. His Japan high was 15. Darvish on seven days rest pitched eight innings, giving up two runs and walking two. He threw 110 pitches and 76 for strikes.
Joe Nathan pitched the ninth, give up one hit and struck out two.
For the second time this season they faced Astros pitcher Jordan Lyles and both games they put up a five spot in an inning. Today it was the fifth as seven straight men reached with the help of an error and hit by pitch. Murphy had two RBI tonight and a walk. Young, Beltre and Torrealba all had RBI as well that inning. Moreland added an upper deck home run porch shot in the bottom of the eighth.
End of the bench notes
- Leonys Martin made his MLB debut and went 0-3 with a walk
- Andrus had two stolen bases tonight
- Rangers were 5-16 with RISP
- Rangers turned two double plays
- Tonight was the 18th sellout of the season with Saturday’s and Sunday’s games looking the same
- Nathan’s strikeout-to-walk ratio is now 33-to-2 for the season
- Watching the Dodgers game Vin Scully tells story of Carl Yazstrsmki was the batboy for AJ Pierzynski’s grandfathers baseball team in Bridgehampton. Nice tidbit
RH Justin Grimm just called up from AA Frisco [read about him here] makes his MLB debut for the Rangers as he faces RH Lucas Harrell [6-4 4.83 ERA, 1.41 WHIP]