Things you need to know about this game:
1. Josh Hamilton can’t play baseball with sinus issues and is really good at snot rockets.
2. The 4th inning was the worst. The Angels scored 6 runs. We saw 3 Rangers pitchers and 12 Angels batters. We also saw Tanner Scheppers throw a wild pitch and while covering home was hit by Chris Iannetta as he crossed home plate. Then, Mike Trout nearly cleated Scheppers head when sliding into home on the wild pitch while Scheppers was down in the home plate area. Evidently Scheppers has a bruised knee and had to leave the game.
3. I thought that after a while, I’d get used to the weird glove crap thing that Ryan Dempster does before each pitch. I haven’t.
4. West Coast games still suck. Seriously, anyone who stayed up after that horrendous 4th inning deserves an award. Or at least a free cup of coffee.
5. Mike Napoli still loves Angels pitching. A home run, a single, …
6. The A’s lost earlier in the day, so the Rangers magic number goes to 13.
7. Jered Weaver is now 9-0 against the Rangers when pitching at home.
8. Vernon Wells fell over the left field wall while trying to catch an Ian Kinsler home run. And it was hilarious.
9. I’m blaming Hamilton for the awful 4th. Surely if he and his sinuses had sucked it up, none of that awfulness would have occurred.
10. Eff the Angels.
11. Despite being only 3 games back in the Wild Card game AND playing their division rival, Angels fans still couldn’t attend the game.
FINAL: Rangers 3, Angels 11