With the bases loaded and two outs, the Rangers had batted all the way around to the pitchers spot while compiling 3 runs in the process, and Colby Lewis stepped up to the plate and did not disappoint.
Lewis knocked in David Murphy and Nelson Cruz on a monster shot to short right center to give the Rangers a 5 – 0. The Rangers would put it on cruise control and finish the Astros off 6 – 1.
It was about time Colby Lewis stepped up for the Rangers…or at least short term. Lewis had pitched, let’s just say…not so good in his last few outings, but today he got back on track. And who cares it was against the Astros. They’re still not the Pirates.
T’s Observations / Game Notes:
- Colby Lewis also had a single in the 5th.
- Mr. Lewis threw 122 pitches, the 6th highest pitch count in the majors. He finished with 8 innings pitch, 4 hits allowed, 1 earned run, and 6 strike outs.
- David Murphy followed up his inside-the-park home run last night with a home run today.
- The Rangers took the series lead 2 games to 3.
- Robbie Ross finished off the Astros in the bottom of the 9th.
- Almost all the Rangers had hits in this game, but one didn’t…poor Adrian Beltre. We still love you though.
Upcoming Action: Yu Darvish and Felix Hernandez face off in a very delicious match up of AL West rivals as the Rangers visit the Mariners on Monday night. Game time is 9:10 central.