Wow. Well last night with Feldman must have been a fluke. That’s the only thing I can come up with. We couldn’t win back to back could we? Nope. Not with an inconsistent rotation. Where’s my red help button?
With Oswalt on the mound the Rangers took on the dreaded Angels….stupid Angels. The Rangers hung in there for awhile putting some runs on the board with the help of Josh Hamilton. Hamilton finally broke his slump (with a homerun and a double)!! But unfortunately it wouldn’t help the Rangers get the W.
It was a tug of war battle, back and forth, back and forth, and tied 3-3 until the top of the 6th inning when the Angels unloaded. It was ugly. NINE, yes 9, runs in the top of the 6th. Oh wait…and three more in the 7th. OUCH. Like Travis said, thank God the Olympics are on.
I would much rather watch Ryan Lochte in a pool than my Rangers getting their ass handed to them by the stupid Angels. My husband had the best response everytime his phone would dun-na-na at him with the score… ‘Shut up phone.’
My thoughts exactly. I’m not going to panick yet. Let’s do better tomorrow boys.
FINAL: Rangers 8 , Angels 15
End of Game Notes
- Seriously Jon Daniels…When are you going to get this rotation some consistent help?
- Even though I hate the Angels, what I can say, is that Mike Trout is a freaking STUD. Seriously. No ifs, ands or buts about that one.
- The Angels have Zach Greinke now…that’s just weird…
- We still have 9 games left to play the Angels head to head. That scares the crap out of me.
- Hamilton finally looked like he’s coming out of his slump. I really think putting him 5th in the lineup is taking some pressure off of him and he’s finally starting to swing the bat again. Hooray!
- Nelly bombed one in the bottom of the 7th that hit the glass wall in center field. It was a monster hit. (Did I mention he’s kinda my hero right now?) Too bad it couldn’t catch the boys up any. That put only 9 back. Oy ve. I stopped counting.
- Has anyone seen the US volleyball player named Destiny Hooker? Just throwing that out there.