The Rangers traveled to Cleveland after a very long and successful homestand where Dempster would take on the Indians and Ubaldo Jimenez. Does anyone remember a couple of years ago when Ubaldo was a complete stud? Yeah, that didn’t happen tonight.
Seriously…What happened to that guy? Does Cleveland just suck the souls out of people? That’s my theory at least. The Rangers brought all the usual suspects out tonight and got RBIs in the first, third and sixth innings by Beltre, Murph, Young and Kinsler. Jimenez was pulled after 5 and 2/3 innings and gave him his 14th! loss of the season.
The Rangers tacked on another run in the 7th. The Indians tried making a comeback (but there was no cowbell for them…) in the 9th on a double and a homer off Uehara. Uehara was trying to make it interesting, I guess. Please don’t do that Koji. It makes me nervous.
Joe Nathan came in with one out in the ninth and closed it out to get his 28th save. Yes, I know, he shouldn’t have been in a save situation considering the lead they had going into the bottom of the 9th, but it’s cool nonetheless.
All right everybody…Have a great Labor Day weekend! We know our boys will!
FINAL: Rangers 5, Indians 1
END OF GAME NOTES:
- Beltre has stayed red hot…I love it. Beltre, please keep eating your Wheaties. We need to keep this up until the end of October.
- Cruz got ejected tonight for slamming his bat down on the plate after he struckout for the third time. It looked like he was just frustrated with himself but the umpire apparently didn’t see it that way. I found it pretty hilarious. BUT, extremely out of character for the Cruz Missile.
- Elvis is on a crazy hit streak as well. Tonight in the 9th he singled up the middle to extend his streak to 16 games.
- The Rangers have won the last 11 of 15. Awesome.
- Starting tomorrow starts my favorite part of the year. The time where baseball and football are on at the same time. It’s like Christmas!!!