Wow. That was bad. Laura Schulte’s bang head here kit should be mandatory for all Rangers tonight. Facepalm!!! What happened boys? I’m trying to stay positive…I really am. It is starting to get a little more difficult though.
The Rangers traveled to Fenway tonight to take on the Red Sox and give Darvish another chance to get out of his slump he’s been in. That didn’t happen.
Darvish gave up 11 hits, 6 runs, and 4 walks in 6 and 2/3 innings. He had 9 strikeouts but that was overshadowed by the fact that every other time a Red Sox would come to the plate he gave up an extra base hit (at it least it seemed that way….8 of their 14 hits were doubles).
The Rangers did get a couple of runs on the board (once in the 2nd on a Murph single and one in the 9th on a Beltre bomb over the Monster), but the Red Sox were hitting the crap out of the ball tonight. They put up 9 runs on 14 hits…The Rangers? 2 runs on 8 hits. That’s a little bit lopsided if you ask me.
Not to sound negative but I’m getting a little tired of the missed opportunites…Let’s go back to the basics boys. You know how to play. Now go out and do it.
FINAL: Rangers 2, Red Sox 9
End of Game Notes:
- Aaron Cook pitched a hell of a game. That brings his record to 3-5. Wait, what?
- Elvis Andrus didn’t play tonight.
- Roy Oswalt might have asked for a trade since being moved to the pen (management is declining to comment). He wants to be starter, management wants him to be a reliever. He’s pitched better out of the pen. You get paid to play a game. So what’s the problem again?
- Michael Young played shortstop tonight. That brought back some memories.
- I’m gald the Olympics are on for another week. Otherwise I might be panicking right now.