The game and on the mound
My son a complete pill tonight, he was fed up with the game early as you can see but Matt Harrison was awful, the left-hander allowed a franchise tying 14 hits. The other two were Bobby Witt in 1996 against Seattle and Dennis “Oil Can” Boyd in 1991 at Baltimore. He had at least one man on in all five innings he pitched, which means he threw out of the stretch most of the game.
Harrison allowed 7 runs [6 earned] , walked only 1 and struck out 3. Lowe, Uehara, Ross and Ogando combined to go 4 innings with Lowe giving up the only 2 hits out of the pen.
The Rangers racked up 13 hits themselves, Andrus lead the attack with 3 and the team just missed a few chances late. Most notably Andrus had an 11 pitch at-bat in the 8th and missed a grand slam down the right field line by about 3 feet. Hamilton had 3 RBI and 3 strikeouts. Napoli also had 3 strIkeouts.
End of the bench notes
- Kinsler error in first opened flood gates
- Murphy reached on catchers interference in the second
- Cruz was thrown out at home after getting a bad read on a wild pitch
- Murphy threw out B.J. Upton trying to tag up from 2nd to 3rd
- Upton also was thrown out at home on a relay trying to score from first on a ball off wall right field wall
- Andrus was picked off first by Shields, who probably has the best move by a right hander in the game
- Hamilton has 9 home runs in 20 games. The only other Ranger to do that is Pete Incaviglia