Rangers 7, Athletics 6
Scott Feldman was inserted back into the rotation after Colby Lewis was put on the DL earlier this week. He managed to go the minimum five innings, came back out for the sixth, the first two guys got on and was removed. He gave up three solo home runs and four runs overall. He walked one and struck out three.
Tanner Scheppers pitched 1 1/3 innings giving up two runs on two hits and walked one. Robbie Ross worked 2/3 innings with a clean slate. Mike Adams walked one, struck out two in his one inning of work. Joe Nathan pitched the ninth and his third nightrow walked walking one and giving up a hit. He worked out of a first and third jam with a strike out and ground out to end the end and get his 18th save.
The Rangers fell behind 4-1 before scoring four times in the fifth and added one in the sixth. Ian Kinsler had four hits. Elvis Andrus had a walk, RBI and two runs scored. Josh Hamilton had two RBI and walks. Young, Cruz and Murphy all chipped in with two hits each. Beltre and Murphy also had two RBI a piece. The team had six walks and six strikeouts.
End of the bench notes
- Longest game of year 3:54. Pitches thrown 345 total by both teams
- Ranger starters are 3-0 with a 6.50 ERA in their last three games. Cliff Lee sheds a single tear somewhere.
- Rangers have won 15 of 19
- Kinsler had his first four hit game of the season
- Gentry had his first PH of the season and is now 1-8
- In the bottom of the seventh, bad base running occurred as Young was thrown out at third trying to advance on a pop up single to RF and Cruz was gunned down at second trying to get back after Coco Crisp for the A’s made a nice sliding catch in CF.
- Andrus leads the team in walks with 36 and has 14 stolen bases
- It was the teams first 4 stolen base game since April 19th v. the Tigers
LH Matt Harrison [10-3 3.24 ERA, 136 ERA+, 1.25 WHIP] v Just called up on June 24th and faced the Giants, RH A.J. Griffin [0-0 3.00 ERA]