FINAL: Angels 7, Rangers 4
The game and starting pitcher
Matt Harrison battled after giving up three runs early. He ended up pitching six innings, only giving up one more run, walking two and striking out two. His last pitch of the night was a home run to Bobby Wilson. Yes, to answer your question, it was Wilson’s first of the year.
Ogando has not faired very well since coming off the DL about a week ago. He pitched 1/3 of an inning and gave up a 2-run home run to Pujols. Ross pitched 2/3 of an inning, and Adams closed it giving up a run on a Torii Hunter single in the 8th.
Nelson Cruz hit a 2-run home run in the 4th, his 12th of the season, to cut the Angels lead to 3-2. Young added an RBI in the 8th, and Andrus added one in the 9th.
End of the bench notes
- Earlier in the day, Roy Oswalt was scratched from his start Monday with a stiff back. Scott Feldman will start in his place.
- Colby Lewis continues to have forearm trouble and may be pushed back from pitching Tuesday.
- Mitch Moreland could be back by the end of the week.
- Josh Hamilton continues to be awful. He is 6 for his last 45 and is hitting about .215 since the end of May.
- The Rangers have a five game lead, the same as last Sunday night.
- I’m not worried about September. I’m worried about October.
Tomorrow, Boston Red Sox
RH Scott Feldman [3-6, 5.89 ERA, 76 ERA+, 1.45 WHIP] v. LH Felix Doubront [10-4, 4.24 ERA, 102 ERA+, 1.36 WHIP]