The Knicks won 113-86 tonight.
And I know it was against Detroit and that Detroit is horrible but with the way the Knicks have been playing the past nearly two weeks, they could have lost to a CYO team.
- The Knicks shot 60% from the field for the game. Yes, you read that correctly.
- Carmelo Anthony in his first game back scored 25 points on 9-14 shooting. Considering he was 40-126 in his previous six games before sitting out few due to injuries, tonight was a MAJOR improvement. (And no offense to Melo but I could do better than 40-126 and I haven’t played basketball since Junior High…in the 80′s.
- Landry Fields was also shooting out of his mind tonight, finishing 7-10 from the field – 4-6 from behind the arc – for a total of 18 points.
- Tyson Chandler also had a strong shooting night – 5-6 from the floor and 7-10 from the line – for 17 points.
- Amar’e Stoudemire tweaked his ankle during warmups before the second half. He played in the third quarter and seemed okay. He finished with 15 points.
Up next for the Knicks is a pretty brutal stretch of basketball. Three games in three nights. They play Chicago at home on Thursday, then travel to Boston to play the Celtics on Friday and return home to play the New Jersey Nets on Saturday.