There’s nothing like being welcomed back into the blogosphere with a little Detroit Lions drama. Maybe I’m the problem. Maybe I insight stupidity in these guys. Who knows? What I do know, is that at the very least, I can be thankful (for today anyway) that no one was arrested.
Instead, we have a little Titus Young Twitter incident. After remaining silent on Twitter since December of last year, the Lions wide receiver started spouting off at the keyboard. Young has since deleted most of the tweets, but here are some of he highlights for your reading pleasure:
- “Like I said I never been selfish but if I’m not going to get the football i don’t want to play anymore.”
- “Never have I ran the wrong route, just put my self where the ball was going.”
- “To Be the best you gotta Beat the best #Me.”
- “My first year I played football I was the best. It’s true I could be alot better, But wit the football. My first year I was a captain Lol.”
- “I’m a team Playa that just loves the Football.”
- “Never played the game for d money.”
- “2 All the Detroit fans that are speaking against me,
As I said earlier on Twitter, I think I’m more concerned with Young’s inability to grasp the English language than I am with his overwhelming sense of self. And that’s saying a lot considering how terrifying the fact that he doesn’t think he’s selfish is. He actually said he would retire if he doesn’t get the ball more.
And that’s just deconstructing the parts of his tweets I actually understood.
Also terrifying? The fact that he — apparently — thinks he’s a better football player than Calvin Johnson. Just … go away.
Not only do the Lions need to wash their hands of this guy, but he’s going to be hard-pressed to find a team willing to take him on at this point. He is not a bright individual. And I do not wish him any kind of luck.
His nine lives are up in my opinion. Hell, they were up last year.