Bobby Ryan is currently gracing the top of my trending topics on Twitter thanks to the rumor/announcement that the Anaheim Ducks forward is being shopped. With this came a sort of debate between me and my good friend Vinny (@RoseTintedVisor on Twitter) about what the Isles can and should give up. He thinks everyone except John Tavares and Travis Hamonic are expendable; I’m not so quick to part with productive guys like Mark Streit (or Matt Moulson, for that matter). However, I do think Ryan would be a huge asset on the Isles’ top line.
Still… there’s an asking price for him, and that price is pretty steep considering the man’s a 30-plus goal scorer and has a high ceiling yet. So here’s a list of ten things the Islanders may have to give up in order to get the forward in orange and blue. (Note: This post is heavy on sarcasm.)
1. All four forward lines. He can do enough scoring on his own.
4. The deed to Nassau Coliseum. (Hey, the lease is up at the same time as Bobby’s contract. It works.) (thanks, @chris_malo!)
5. A signed Trevor Gillies Vityaz Chekhov jersey. (After he gets there, of course.)
6. A Tattoo Lou’s stand set up at the Honda Center.
7. Matt Moulson’s unborn daughter.
9. The pen John Tavares used to sign his six-year contract extension with the Isles. (Since, you know, they can’t really ask for JT, hehehehe… heh. *uneasy cough*)
10. Mark Streit and Nino Niederreiter, so that the Ducks can finally be the team with the most Swiss players on it.
Those are just ten things I/we could think of… have you got any others? Leave ‘em in the comments if you wish.