I could’ve sworn all those hearts everywhere were because everyone loves baseball so much and they’re glad it’s back today. What a surprise this “Valentine’s Day” is. (Today is also Oregon Founding Day, and although I am from New Jersey a large contigent of my favorite baseball players hail from the Beaver State, as you can see from my little contribution to Balk About It today.) Anyhow, let’s get to talking about the most beautiful game in the world:
- Yesterday Brian Matusz and Chris Tillman showed up at camp together. Everyone say it with me: D’awwwwwww!
- Adam Jones appeared on ESPN First Take this morning to discuss the Orioles’ new acquisitions and how he feels about the upcoming season.
- Jeremy Guthrie’s arbitration hearing is set for Wednesday, so stay tuned on that!
- The Honorary Bat Girl contest is open now, yet another sign of baseball.
- MASN will be broadcasting five Spring Training games this year.
- Roch Kubatko just tweeted that Brian Roberts has arrived to camp early, which is always good news.
- Pitchers and catchers are taking physicals today, with the first major workout to be tomorrow.
- Roch also reports that Tillman is in the best shape he’s been inÃ‚Â since high school. Let’s see if he makes the team or not.
It’s harder to find out information from Minor League camp, but I’ll search around and do some scrounging as more and more prospects turn up in camp. I’ll do my best to let everyone know what’s happening with Manny Machado and company, and once games start up I’ll be sure to give you as much coverage on the prospects playing in big league camp as possible! For now, though, let’s just revel in the fact that people are showing up and that winter’s over.