We’re back with a new batch of rankings. It’s time to mix things up a little bit. Since a certain somebody had to use GIFs for a game recap, I might as well just go ahead and add gifs to these recaps. The only difference is, I won’t be using Seinfeld. This instance, I shall use from the animated series Ed, Edd n’ Eddy.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-6 record)- It is quite obvious that they’re the worst team in the NFL. At 103 points for the season, they’re also the worst at scoring. Somehow, they had a shot against Green Bay last week. However, they still lost. To make matters worse, on one of the key plays, a punt block for a Packers touchdown, there were only 10 Green Bay players on the field. That right there should tell you everything you need to know. Jacksonville gets Detroit this week. Don’t ask me to make a prediction.
2. Carolina Panthers (1-6 record)- The Panthers were once again close to winning this week, but a field goal by the other team, in this instance the Chicago Bears, kept them from getting that W. They head to Washington this week to try and snap a five game losing streak.
3. Kansas City Chiefs (1-6 record)- So Brady Quinn got knocked out of Sunday’s game and the Chiefs had to go back to Matt Cassel. Of course, they’re still on this list because they lost! The bizarre thing about KC’s loss to Oakland Sunday was that Jamaal Charles, the starting running back, had only five carries in the game. When asked about it, Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel wasn’t sure why he had so few carries in the game. The offensive coordinator suggested it had to do with the Raiders stopping the run. Either way, they need to get it together against San Diego on Sunday.
4. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4 record)- Now, I could have also chosen Dallas or Washington, but Philly was the only team with a three game losing streak. It’s never a good sign for a team when the fans are calling for Andy Reid’s mustache on a silver platter. (FIGURATIVELY OF COURSE!) If that’s not enough, Reid is considering a switch at quarterback. Thankfully for Philly, they’re on the road Monday night, but they have to play the New Orleans Saints, who might be a little cranky after that loss in Denver. UPDATE: Mike Vick will be the starter for the Monday night game against the Saints, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer
5. San Diego Chargers (3-4 record)- This one might be a controversial choice, especially considering they’re tied with the Raiders for second in the AFC West. However, they’ve lost three in a row. THREE! Also, the Raiders won so I OBVIOUSLY couldn’t put them on the list. The most recent loss for San Diego was to Cleveland by a 7-6 score on Sunday. But look at it this way, if they win Sunday, they’ll be off the rankings for next week. So take a chill pill!
Also, in conclusion, this!