So thanks to Cleveland winning, as well as bye weeks for Jacksonville and Carolina, I need to fill in some new teams for the top five. Here’s the thing, EVERYONE’S SO CLOSE TOGETHER! You have an entire division that is 3-3 (the AFC East) and there’s a three-way tie for first in the NFC West. These teams better break out and play bad football soon! Somehow, I scraped together five teams.
1. Kansas City Chiefs (1-5 record)- They have a bye this week, so they won’t be on it next week. Unfortunately for KC, they’re No. 1 on the list. Kansas City had it bad on Sunday as they were used as a mop and wiped across the Raymond James Stadium linoleum. The Scott Pioli Affair continues though. His future remains unknown at this point.
2. Oakland Raiders (1-4 record)- I needed another one-win team for this list and the Raiders just so happened to be that one-win team. So deal with it! Oakland’s not No. 1 because they did stay close with the undefeated Atlanta Falcons Sunday. If they want to stay off this list, they need to beat Jacksonville this Sunday.
3. Dallas Cowboys (2-3 record)- YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I MAKE ALL THESE RULES!? I END UP PUTTING 2-3 TEAMS ON THIS LIST! Dallas stayed close with Baltimore, but they lost. They’ve lost two in a row, with a bye in between. Dallas needs to get its act together against Carolina this weekend. After that, they have games against New York, Atlanta and Philadelphia.
4. Philadelphia Eagles (2-3 record)- Speaking of the Eagles! Yes, they’re making an appearance on the list for the first time this season. You lose two straight and you risk ending up on this list. This hasn’t been a fun year for Michael Vick though. In five games this season, he’s been intercepted eight times, fumbled the ball nine times (lost it five of those times). The Eagles blew a 10-point fourth quarter lead to the Lions, who won in overtime. Because of that, Juan Castillo was relieved of his duties. Presumably, it was similar to this:
5. San Diego Chargers (3-3 record)- Yes, we have three AFC West teams on this list, so shut up! If you blow a 24-point lead on Monday Night Football, you deserve to be on this list. Because of the loss to Denver, the Chargers have lost two straight. These teams like playing with fire by losing consecutive games. San Diego can be thankful as they won’t be on the list next week because of the bye.
Look, I know it’s not fair for some of these teams to be on this list. But it will change for sure next week. So until then, deal with it!
Follow Romo on Twitter, @Oh_No_Romo