It’s a new week and a new set of rankings. I won’t waste your time too much, so here we go.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5 record)- The Jaguars remain the worst scoring team in the NFL as we approach the halfway point of the season. The Jags lost to the Raiders Sunday thanks to a late field goal. Jacksonville lost more than a game Sunday, they also lost star running back Maurice Jones-Drew for a couple of weeks due to a Lis Franc injury in his foot. MJD injured his foot in Sunday’s loss. If that’s not enough, the Jags might also be without Blaine Gabbert, who was injured in the Raiders game. The Jags head North to Green Bay this week.
2. Cleveland Browns (1-6 record)- It is tough putting this team on this list because they’re much better than their record suggests. Brandon Weeden keeps getting better and better. They lost a close one to the Colts on Sunday. They’ve had a few close ones this year. They easily could be 3-4, instead of 1-6. Unfortunately they’re not 3-4, therefore they have to be on the list. Browns play the Chargers Sunday.
3. Carolina Panthers (1-5 record)- This was a team that was also in a close game Sunday, but ended up losing. Cam and company lost to the Cowboys 19-14. The Panthers play Chicago and Washington on the road in consecutive weeks. Carolina could be 1-7 if they’re not careful.
4. Detroit Lions (2-4 record)- What is going on in Detroit? They’re 2-4 and they’re coming off a rough 13-7 loss to Chicago on Monday night. When they win, it is by awesome methods. When they lose, well it looks bad. Detroit has lost four of five. If they lose to Seattle, they might have a problem or two. With as close as the top 3 are already, Detroit could fall out of the picture if they’re not careful.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4 record)- More or less, the Bucs are a victim of close divisions. They’re third in the division thanks to the loss to the Saints Sunday. Tampa is also a team that has lost four of five games though. They play early this week against Minnesota. Another loss this week could keep the Bucs on the list.
Follow Romo on Twitter, @Oh_No_Romo