Week in the NFL season : SIX
Number of teams on a bye week : SIX
How conveinent. Well not if you have Fantasy Football players on the Cardinals, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks or Titans. Here are the top SIX players in each position that will not be on the field on Sunday.
In a bind due to bye weeks? Here are a few suggestions of players that could be available in your league.
1. Curtis Painter (Owned in 2.6%) – Last Sunday versus the Chiefs, Painter was 15-of-27 for 277 yards passing with two touchdowns and no interceptions.
2. Alex Smith (Owned in 7.3%) – At home versus the Buccaneers, Smith was 11-of-19 passes for 170 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions.
3. Andy Dalton (Owned in 7.1%) – In Week 5 versus Jacksonville, the rookie QB threw for 179 yards with a pair of touchdowns and one interception.
1. Earnest Graham (Owned in 6.7%) – If LeGarrette Blount does not play in Week 6 versus the Saints, Graham will take a majority of the carries. Keep your eye on the situation as the weekend approaches.
2. Jackie Battle (Owned in 16.7%) – Battle ran 19 times for 119 yards and caught two passes for 21 yards versus the Colts last week. Since KC is struggling in the running back department this season, he will take a majority of the carries.
3. Ryan Torain (Owned in 52.8%) – In Week 4, Torain ran for 135 yards on 19 carries. After their bye week last Sunday, the Redskins have not announced who will be the starting running back in week 6. Another situation to keep your eye on.
1. Ted Gin (Owned in 1.5%) – With injuries plaguing the 49ers offense, Gin should be a great pick up for week 6.
2. David Nelson (Owned in 34.1%) – Since Buffalo’s starting WR Donald Jones out for 4-6 weeks, this could be a great alternative.
3. Harry Douglas (Owned in 0.3%) – Julio Jones will be out against Carolina this weekend. Douglas will be his replacement, alongside starting WR Roddy White.
Corinna is the lead reporter for the Jacksonville Jaguars & a contributor to Offsides on Aerys Sports. Check back every Friday for your Fantasy Football Fix. Follow her on Twitter @RoarBlackNTeal or on Facebook.