After sweeping the Cubs, it’s easy to desire the same results with the Dodgers.
Right? Well, think again Cardinal fans!
The Cards got off to a pretty rough start to a four game series with the LA Dodgers. They lost Monday night 5-3.
We definitely have some things from this game to discuss. Let’s get to it!
* Joe Kelly. He’s good. Really. Run support and no errors would be super nice … for him! I’m sure he would agree. He got his third loss of the season Monday. He pitched six innings, gave up four hits and two earned runs, three walks and a homer to Luis Cruz to make it 3-1, LA in the second.
* I mentioned Kelly got two earned runs, but he gave up a three run homer. Well, one of those three runs came after a Lance Berkman error. That would be his third fielding error in his short time back from the disabled list. I love having Lance back but … his timing at the plate on the field could use some work. OK, a lot! Berkman wasn’t all bad as he did single to right in the first inning to score Jon Jay. See, he is trying!
* Trevor Rosenthal. He is quite impressive. Seriously. You wouldn’t believe he was in AA a couple of weeks ago, huh? He pitched two innings and struck out one. He has a zero ERA. Nice!
* Barret Browning. He gave up one hit and one earned run. He also struck out Bobby Abreu. That’s right, I get to do some poetry now, y’all!
Hooray! Browning is in the game!
One earned run, one strike out is all he got to claim.
Marte in the game?
* Carlos Beltran. He hit his 22nd home run of the season with a two-run blast off of Ronald Bellisario in the eighth inning to make the game 5-3.
Game 2 against the Dodgers is tonight as Adam Wainwright takes the mound against Clayton Kershaw. Game time is at 7:15 p.m. at Busch Stadium.
Miranda Remaklus is lead St. Louis Cardinals writer for Aaron Miles’ Fastball. She’s also lead writer at Aerys Offsides. Follow her on Twitter, @missmiranda.